The story of a boy living with Type 1 and his family's journey to raise and train a diabetic alert dog.

Monday, December 1, 2014

Work Over Play

One of the many things that continues to fascinate me about Bo's alerting is how he will stop doing something he enjoys to alert. Tonight, I had a few toys out and was alternating between games of fetch, tug and 'getcha.' I had been tossing a toy frog for Bo to retrieve when all of sudden he stopped playing. I tossed the toy and he didn't go for it. Instead, he came to me and paw swiped my leg. 

(He had alerted high 28 minutes earlier and Austin was 190 -- Austin had recently finished dinner and had IOB so the insulin pump wouldn't allow me to give correction.)  When Bo alerted when we were playing, Austin was 251. This time the insulin pump allowed me to give a correction. 

After I took care of Austin and rewarded Bo for his alert, Bo went right back to playing. 








No comments:

Post a Comment