The story of a boy living with Type 1 and his family's journey to raise and train a diabetic alert dog.

Friday, August 9, 2013

Alert with Get Help

Bo alerted directly to Austin this morning with a paw swipe to Austin's leg.  Austin was sitting at the dining table with his iPad and I was in another room. When Bo alerted, Austin sent him to get help. Bo came running to me, stood directly in front of me, and looked at me like he wanted me to chase him. (The same look and stance he has when we are playing 'gonna get you.'

I didn't know he alerted to Austin and I didn't know Austin sent him for help but I did know he wanted my attention, so I started walking down the hallway with him. I stopped and he circled back to me. I followed him to Austin at the table. Austin told me Bo alerted and that he had sent Bo to get help.  I checked Austin and he was 66. Nice low Bo!

No comments:

Post a Comment