The story of a boy living with Type 1 and his family's journey to raise and train a diabetic alert dog.

Sunday, December 21, 2014

Videos: Bo Retrieving a Juice Box

I have been training Bo to retrieve a juice box on command and today I took this video of what it looks like when I give him the 'get juice' command.


When I give Bo the command he sets out to Austin's room where we keep juice boxes on a low shelf. He retrieves the juice box, brings it to me and then drops it. Training Bo to retrieve a juice was pretty simple because he already knew the commands: get, take, bring and drop.

When I started training Bo to 'get juice' I put a small distance between me, Bo and the juice. It looked like this.


As training progressed, I added distance which looked like the videos below.

Get Juice Kitchen View

Get Juice Room View

No comments:

Post a Comment