The story of a boy living with Type 1 and his family's journey to raise and train a diabetic alert dog.

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Video: Scent Training with a Low Blood Sugar Sample

While Austin was at basketball practice tonight I did scent training with Bo. Without him knowing, I hid a low scent sample in my room and waited for him to smell it. Once he found the low, I took him out of the room to reward him and then went back to the room to hide the sample again. He knows the game, so when I let him back in the room he began sniffing for the low. I took video of him sniffing out the low. In each video you see him give his alert behavior, a bow, when he finds the scent. In the first video, it's hidden on the hope chest. In the second video, it's hidden behind the bed pillows. In the third video, it's hidden in the bottom drawer of the dresser. 





No comments:

Post a Comment