The story of a boy living with Type 1 and his family's journey to raise and train a diabetic alert dog.

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Anticipation, Enthusiasm and Hope

The past few days I've found myself wondering what it will be like when Bo gives his first alert to Austin's blood sugar. Will it be an alert for a high or a low? Will we recognize the alert or will it take us a few seconds to figure out he is alerting. Will the alert be on a reading within the scent sample ranges that we are training on or will it be out of that range? Will we cry tears of happiness or will we jump with joy? Will the moment be etched in my mind to never be forgotten in my oldest of ages? Today, I can only imagine what it will be like but one day I will know. I look forward to that day with a feeling of anticipation, enthusiasm and hope like that of which I awaited the moment of Austin's birth.

No comments:

Post a Comment