The story of a boy living with Type 1 and his family's journey to raise and train a diabetic alert dog.

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Another Bedtime Alert

Tonight as I was sitting next to Austin on his bed, Bo jumped up, sniffed vigorously and paw swiped me. He then went to Austin and started sniffing him and paw swiped him also. I asked Bo if we should check Austin and Bo ran into the kitchen where we keep Austin's pack. I checked Austin and he was 119. Given we guessed on ice-cream carbs a little earlier in the evening, I knew there was a possibility he was going down fast. We rechecked and sure enough he was on his way down. Austin's bedtime target blood sugar is 160 but when we rechecked he was
 111. We treated Austin's low and checked again after 30 minutes and he was 110, so we gave him another carb snack. Good low Bo!

No comments:

Post a Comment