The story of a boy living with Type 1 and his family's journey to raise and train a diabetic alert dog.

Friday, March 14, 2014

Low Alerts

Bo alerted to me immediately when I walked in the house with Austin this afternoon. We checked and Austin was 52. We treated Austin with juice followed by a 15 g snack and then took him to his piano lesson. When we got home Austin was in my room with Bo. He put the gate up to keep Bo with him. About an hour after we had been home, Bo moved from the bed to the floor and began whining at the gate. I went to let him out and he came right to me and alerted. He paw swiped and then bowed. I checked Austin and he was 87. Bo got carved chicken and Austin got 15 g worth of mini powered donuts --- something I bought for the first time today as a special treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment