The story of a boy living with Type 1 and his family's journey to raise and train a diabetic alert dog.

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Video: Practicing Stimulus Control

In May 2014, I wrote a post about stimulus control. It explains what stimulus control is and how we practice it. Our goal is for Bo's responses to our commands to be what's considered 'under good stimulus control.'  In this video, Bo is behind me and I'm giving him commands without looking at him and without hand signals. The goal of the exercise is for him to give the correct behavior the first time I give a command. I practice stimulus control with him in different ways to improve his ability to respond to verbal commands no matter where he is in position to me. There is an easy to understand post about stimulus control on the Dog Willing LLC Web site.



No comments:

Post a Comment